Saturday, October 4, 2008

farm girl in a farm town

When I moved back to my hometown, my coworkers at my old job joked that all I would be doing is representing farmers in cow and tractor disputes. I knew that wasn't going to be the case, but I was a bit concerned at how I was going to adjust from living outside Manhattan to living in a County with less then 100,000 people in it. I wouldn't doubt it if I was told that there were more cows then people here.

However, the one thing that has me floored is the total lack of farm activities for the kids. In NY we took the kids to a farm, had a hayride and picked out pumpkins. While it is still too early for the pumpkin, I have been looking for the hayride or something for the boys to celebrate this nice crisp weather and I am finding nothing at all.

At least now I understand why one of my co-workers, who also happens to tend a farm, was so anxious to talk to B about starting a fall festival of sorts. It is most certainly a need around here for families with small kids.

No comments: