Sunday, October 21, 2007

My missed calling.

Rima had this on her blog, so I had to take it...

NameThatDisease.com
NameThatDisease.com - Test your disease knowledge

Anyone who knows me in real life won't be surprised. I have a weird knack for knowing EXACTLY what is wrong with someone -- except my own kids for some reason. I especially know what the heck is going on with shoulder/knee/hip/etc problems. My dad was having a hard time breathing, no cough, flu like symptoms though and my sister and I correctly diagnosed him with pneumonia before the doctors did.

This is a family thing. My mom knew I had mono before the blood work came back (and it came back negative 3 times before it finally came back positive). No, we aren't a bunch of hypocondriacs, but we always have a 6th sense of this sort of thing.

Is that weird?

Anyways, I wish I hadn't wasted all that time in law school, because a lot of times, I feel like I missed my calling.

DS tidbit: Children with Down syndrome may have a tendency to become obese as they grow older. Besides having negative social implications, this weight gain threatens these individuals' health and longevity. A supervised diet and exercise program may help reduce this problem.

1 comment:

Making A Modern Family said...

Okay, how bad is it that I did a lot better on the drug one than the disease one?