Friday, October 19, 2007

Glow Pork Chops

Did you know cloth diapering is like its own culture? Seriously, I was warned it was addictive, but I had no idea. Wish me luck while I await my multiple orders of prefolds, all in ones and pocket diapers (no idea what I am talking about -- either did I three days ago!).

Now for food:

5 whole pork loin chops -- (5 to 6)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
8 ounces tomato sauce
29 ounces cling peach halves
1/4 cup vinegar
to taste Salt and pepper


Lightly brown pork chops on both sides. Pour off excess fat. Combine sugar, cinnamon, cloves, tomato sauce, 1/4 cup syrup from peaches, and vinegar. Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper. Arrange chops in crockpot. Place drained peach halves on top. Pour tomato mixture over all. Cover and cook 4 to 6 hours.


DS tidbit: Approximately one third of babies born with Down syndrome have heart defects, most of which are now successfully correctable. Some individuals are born with gastrointestinal tract problems that can be surgically corrected.

No comments: