Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Shhhh.... It's a secret

Well, not really, but I was given the assignment to post a secret on my blog.

I have thrown around a few, but I don't know if they are real secrets or not.

1) I am applying for jobs. I don't keep it a secret that we want to get the heck out of NY, but I also applied for a job here in NY. Pretty much the ad was written and might well have said "we are looking for MomSmoo", so I had to send in my resume. The salary is more than double what I currently make and would definitely allow for the building of the second floor. And I wouldn't have to say goodbye to The Wife!

2) I think I may now want 4 kids. 4 was never a number that was even tossed into consideration. Now I think I want another 2 close in age like L and R are. The new plan is to wait another year and see what we think. Luckily the IUD is keeping me from making any rash decisions.

3) I am looking forward to spending the weekend alone with my nieces and my boys. Five kids -- all 9 and under -- is going to be a lot to deal with, but I have so many ideas of fun things that I want to do (Chuck E. Cheese, Picture People pictures, the great parks, etc.) that I am really looking forward to it. The Saint doesn't seem to think I can handle it and I don't know how much time I am really going to get with my nieces (every call I get is X is going to take Niece 1 from 3 until 7 after school, so you will only have Niece 2 and 3, etc), but I am hoping a lot. Oh and I am so not telling my office that. My co-workers think I am dreading this trip.

6 comments:

nicole said...

Why are you keeping secrets? That's not cool. And four kids? I knew about that one, but thought you would have come to your senses! =)

Making A Modern Family said...

Four kids! You brave, brave woman. ;)

a happier girl said...

Just thinking about taking 5 kids to Chuck E. Cheese makes me tired. Have fun!

Sabrina said...

I have 3 sisters and we all get along great (now). I truely don't know how my mother did it, but if you're willing to take it on, good for you! But 5 kids to Chuck E. Cheese is nutty. :)

Rima said...

How'd you decide to go from two to four (kids?). Is it so there would be an even number? That was always my reason for stopping at 2 - I didn't want there to be an "odd kid out" and I didn't think I could handle four.

Good luck wrangling everyone this weekend!

MomSmoo said...

Rima -- My leap from 2 to 4 went like this...

I love that L and R are close in age. I hope they will be good friends, but I can't imagine that I am done having kids. I think I want a 3rd BUT The Saint has 2 16-months apart and the 3rd is like 3.5 years later. So my 3rd niece is very much like an only child (slightly spoiled, but can easily entertain herself). I don't like The Saint's spacing. So we were at first thinking that a year from now we will try for #3, but then it is 3 under 4 and I really will lose my grasp with reality, so the "solution" to this is to say we will wait 3 years and have 2 more close in age.

Also is buying time for a while. I need a PLAN (I am a freak that way), so even though I know the PLAN is subject to change, I still need one!

Whew... that was a long answer for a simple question.

We may just have 3 and be done, but I don't feel DONE yet -- KWIM?