Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Shhhh.... It's a secret

Well, not really, but I was given the assignment to post a secret on my blog.

I have thrown around a few, but I don't know if they are real secrets or not.

1) I am applying for jobs. I don't keep it a secret that we want to get the heck out of NY, but I also applied for a job here in NY. Pretty much the ad was written and might well have said "we are looking for MomSmoo", so I had to send in my resume. The salary is more than double what I currently make and would definitely allow for the building of the second floor. And I wouldn't have to say goodbye to The Wife!

2) I think I may now want 4 kids. 4 was never a number that was even tossed into consideration. Now I think I want another 2 close in age like L and R are. The new plan is to wait another year and see what we think. Luckily the IUD is keeping me from making any rash decisions.

3) I am looking forward to spending the weekend alone with my nieces and my boys. Five kids -- all 9 and under -- is going to be a lot to deal with, but I have so many ideas of fun things that I want to do (Chuck E. Cheese, Picture People pictures, the great parks, etc.) that I am really looking forward to it. The Saint doesn't seem to think I can handle it and I don't know how much time I am really going to get with my nieces (every call I get is X is going to take Niece 1 from 3 until 7 after school, so you will only have Niece 2 and 3, etc), but I am hoping a lot. Oh and I am so not telling my office that. My co-workers think I am dreading this trip.

6 comments:

nicole said...

Why are you keeping secrets? That's not cool. And four kids? I knew about that one, but thought you would have come to your senses! =)

Alicia said...

Four kids! You brave, brave woman. ;)

a happier girl said...

Just thinking about taking 5 kids to Chuck E. Cheese makes me tired. Have fun!

Sabrina said...

I have 3 sisters and we all get along great (now). I truely don't know how my mother did it, but if you're willing to take it on, good for you! But 5 kids to Chuck E. Cheese is nutty. :)

My name is Rima. said...

How'd you decide to go from two to four (kids?). Is it so there would be an even number? That was always my reason for stopping at 2 - I didn't want there to be an "odd kid out" and I didn't think I could handle four.

Good luck wrangling everyone this weekend!

MomSmoo said...

Rima -- My leap from 2 to 4 went like this...

I love that L and R are close in age. I hope they will be good friends, but I can't imagine that I am done having kids. I think I want a 3rd BUT The Saint has 2 16-months apart and the 3rd is like 3.5 years later. So my 3rd niece is very much like an only child (slightly spoiled, but can easily entertain herself). I don't like The Saint's spacing. So we were at first thinking that a year from now we will try for #3, but then it is 3 under 4 and I really will lose my grasp with reality, so the "solution" to this is to say we will wait 3 years and have 2 more close in age.

Also is buying time for a while. I need a PLAN (I am a freak that way), so even though I know the PLAN is subject to change, I still need one!

Whew... that was a long answer for a simple question.

We may just have 3 and be done, but I don't feel DONE yet -- KWIM?