Friday, September 21, 2007

Chili Pasta Bake

If all you mom's out there are like me, you are looking for something easy, but relatively healthy to fill your brood. CROCKPOT!!! So Fridays will now see my favorite crockpot receipes (that and I am lazy as anything and 4 days of writing seems to be my max before I get all stress -- was that funny, entertaining, do people think I am cool??? Ya' back to that low self-esteem thing. We will be leaving this area as soon as I start getting some damn interviews!).

Also, if my math is right I can do this for more than 2 years and not run outta receipes (now THAT is scary!!).

Enjoy.


1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
2 (14 oz.) cans tomatoes with juice, mashed
2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. dried whole oregano
8 oz. tomato juice
1 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni

2 cups grated Monterey Jack (or med. Cheddar) cheese


Scramble-fry ground beef in nonstick frying pan until browned. Drain well. Transfer to 3 1/2 qt. slow cooker. Add nest 8 ingredients. Stir. Cover. Cook on low for 5-7 hrs. or on HIGH for 2 1/2-3 1/2 hrs. Sprinkle cheese over top. Cook on HIGH for 10-15 min. until cheese is melted.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is going to be great. We got a crockpot for our wedding that I still haven't used (four months later). I'll print these recipes out and use them! Thank you!