Friday, September 14, 2007

Chuck E. Cheese, party of 6

That's right -- I took 5 kids to Chuck E. Cheese's by myself. All in all -- not terrible. The worst part ... getting L to leave. Niece 1 and 2 were great and spent a lot of time with L playing with him, putting him on rides and such. Niece 3 did her own thing and I floated around them all and watched and held R. This is why I want to space them apart, but then again -- party of 6 on a regular basis... Oh I don't know if I like that.

So the ugly is here:
*I* ended up with a broken wrist (long story, don't ask, but yes, it is definitely broken).
Niece 3 ended up crying.
I totally blew The Saint's schedule (although the girls only went to bed 8 minutes late -- they just listen better for me. I do rock as the Aunt -- too bad I think they listen better out of fear. I am not as nice as The Saint).
Niece 1 has what appears to be her very first yeast infection.
I apparently can't sleep in a new house -- or rather B's love for fans has gotten ME so used to white noise that I find it hard to sleep without it.

After the school run this morning I called B and said... remember that thing about 4 kids.... forget it!

Oh and when I called my parents to update them my dad said "Oh you aren't even going to be able to blog about this."

HA! Childbirth with no drugs people. I laugh at a broken wrist. (not really -- it is a totally different pain -- childbirth didn't really HURT -- this Hell yes!, but since this is the 3rd time around for breaking the same wrist, I know how to work around it.)

2 comments:

Making A Modern Family said...

I'm convinced that Chuck E. Cheese is some terrorist plot to render all parents delirious. That place is hell on a stick with a two-year-old!

And I hear you on the pain thing. When I was getting my tattoo the artist asked me if I thought I could handle it. Ha! Trust me, dude, I know pain. Your little needle ain't got nothing on me.

Alex Elliot said...

I've been too scared to go to Chuck E. Cheese. I figure it's just a matter of time before my 4 year old finds out about it. Sorry to hear about your wrist.