Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The First

Today marks the first time I have been in the city on September 11 since 2001.

I talked about September 11th this weekend. When people outside of NY learn that I have working in NYC since 2000 the inevitible question is "Were you in the City on 9/11" and the inevitible answer is always, yes. Why wouldn't I have been at work that day? It was a gorgeous, cloudless day just cool enough for a jacket and just warm enough to remind you that it is only the cusp of fall.

I was more than 30 blocks from the WTCs when they fell, my sister was in her home just a few short miles from Dulles Airport and my brother was driving to Pittsburg for a meeting. 3 family members and three sites of tragedy.

My life was forever changed by September 11th, just like every other American's was. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the victims. I hope this year brings you one step closer to healing as best as you can and closure, if that is ever possible.

No comments: