Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Happy Anniversary

To B:

Hi Love!! Happy Anniversary! I can not believe it has only been three years since we got married. On one hand it seems like yesterday and then I look at our wonderful family and it seems like so much longer.

The thing I remember most from our wedding is the fact that you couldn't look at me. You were welling up with tears and then there was me -- totally without that overwhelming amount of emotion. You have cried at the birth of each child and I have not. You are the emotional one, I am not. I cry due to frustration or anger. You only cry tears of happiness. Who would have guessed.

Thank you for putting up with my insanity and allowing me to take out all my frustrations on you. I know it isn't easy to deal with me, my job, my long hours and my mental absence at times, not matter the trade offs, but I appreciate that you recognize how much I try to be there and 100% present with you and the boys.

Your an awesome dad and the boys and I are lucky to have you in our lives.

XOXO Love!
Smoo

2 comments:

One Crazy Chick! said...

Happy Anniversary!!

nicole said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe that we were there 3 years ago to watch you two get married. It was a perfect day and I couldn't be happier for the two of you.