Thursday, July 12, 2007

Nanny jealousy??

Not here. I am actually kinda surprised about that too. I thought I would hate watching some other woman take care of my children, be intimately involved in their lives and be an important factor in their development, but instead, I love her. I love watching L crawl up on her lap when he wants to be held. I love how excited he gets when she walks in the door in the morning or he sees her after a nap and I love how R just lights up when she says good morning to him. My boys love her. She loves them. Honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way now.

My favorite thing to do now is to sneak a peak at her playing with L or R. Not in a spying on her sort of way, but just in the unobtrusive way that I can see how they genuinely care about one another and interact without L running to me.

Maybe it is because at the end of the day L would much much much rather be with his mommy and daddy and R's world still revolves around me. If the Wife "replaces" me in my kids eyes, then I probably won't be pleased, but right now, I really couldn't ask for more.

No comments: