Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Early intervention

So, I finally up and called Early Intervention for L. He is 19 months and still doesn't talk. I can't honestly say that he even has his own language that he uses because all I hear are various screeches and screams. Maybe I am just missing it, but I think he is delayed in this area. *shrugs*

Strangely enough, neither B nor I are upset about it. We both feel that it is important to nip this in the butt early on rather than take a sit and wait approach. Of course I know my SIL and MIL think I am totally overreacting (the first time MIL or SIL have EVER questioned my parenting) because SILs son of course didn't start talking until he was 3 and now he talks up a storm. And everyone of course thinks he is the perfect child (did you guess yet that I do not think so?? Really, was it that obvious?) Sorry, I am not willing to just wait and see. Not to mention I KNOW that 50% of his temper tantrums are the result of us not having a CLUE as to what he wants. Once he can talk a bit, I think the temper tantrums will get better.

Of course THAT will be just in time for the terrible twos, so I don't know if it will make much of a difference. This parenting bit is all just a barrel of laughs, huh?

On another note, R, pretty much the most perfect baby EVER. Can't believe how awesome he is.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Isn't it funny how kids are so different from one another? So great you are getting him into intervention before it becomes too much of a problem.