Monday, February 4, 2008

Goodbye old friend.

We are done nursing. My supply has totally gone kaput on me and the herbal supplement I got (Mothers Milk Plus) to fix it gave me raging gas! I mean I seriously could have shot myself to the moon. B was oh so impressed with the frequency of my toots. I believe it would have helped in the long run, but I wasn't able to stay on it for more than a day or so at a time.

Add to that 3 plugs in one month, job searching, getting the house ready to list, etc and I decided to trust my body and throw in the towel. My body safely brough R into this world and it lasted as long as it could. Luckily I have enough frozen to be able to give him one bottle of BM a day until he is 11 months at which time we will move him to whole milk.

Although I have never been so happy to pack up my pump and know I won't have to use it for a long time, if ever again!

No comments: