Friday, March 28, 2008

dating again

I gave out my phone number today and now I anxiously await the phone call.

Don't worry -- B thinks it is great.

The woman I gave me number to is Sara. She has a little girl just a bit younger than R and I kinda stalked her shortly after her daughter was born when I saw her and her mom walking down the street I live on. She was a young mom and she was carrying her daughter in a peanut shell. Needless to say, babywearing isn't popular in my area and so I lept at the chance to meet a similarly minded mom.

Then I was a bone head and didn't get a number. Shoot, I didn't even remember her name.

Out of the blue today I remembered that Fridays are story time for babies and toddlers at our library. I checked out the times and found that I was about 20 minutes from toddler story time. I have been wanting to do more one on one stuff with L, so I raced around to get him ready and out the door. Thank God I have the flexibility with The Wife being here. Well, who would sit next to me, but Sara and her little girl.

I couldn't for the life of me place her until it hit me with a ton of bricks.

She remembered my NAME!!!! I don't know why I am excited about that, but I gave her my number, told her I work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays and now I await the call.

As far as L goes, I was rewarded in my efforts with the biggest and longest hug he has ever given me as I was loading him in the car. I think we will be trying to make story time a part of our normal weekly routine.

No comments: