Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Never enough

B is out of town for work until tonight, so that means I was home alone with the boys last night and will be home with them tonight. Last night, the evening seemed to fly by. I got home at 510 (which is so stupidly early for me, I thought I was going to have all the time in the world), played around with L for a bit, made dinner, got R up from his late nap (thanks again for that The Wife), had dinner, played a bit more, got them ready for bed and then it was bedtime. Home 2 whole hours early and I didn't feel like I got one more spare second with the kids.

Tonight is bath time too, so that is going to be one more thing in the mix and less one on one time with the kids.

I don't know if I will ever feel as though I get enough time in the evening with the kids. Granted, I know I wouldn't be happy at home with them all day too, but I don't know how much time I need with them at night to make me feel like I am not working all the time and missing my kids.

Granted, we will soon see how I do with more "normal hours" (at least I hope we will and I get an offer from the PA law firm SOON! I am DYING here with anticipation), but I have a feeling, I am going to be missing the boys just as much then as I do now.

No comments: