Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Assvicing other moms

Turns out I am providing assvice to other moms without my knowledge.

The Wife and I were sitting on the couch on Friday morning waiting for the boys to wake up. I do the wake up routine with each of them every morning before passing them off to The Wife for breakfast. Friday morning, however, the boys were both sleeping in later then usual, so she sat down to chat. Granted we have broken conversations, seeing as she doesn't speak much English and I don't speak much Spanish, but we figure it out.

Friday's conversation was surprising to me though. Apparently, "I" am the expert mommy that she knows and she is now directing her daughter, who has a little boy 4 months older then R, to follow my lead. To say her daughter doesn't like it is an understatement.

So, as of right now I have assviced the daughter to stopping giving bottles, no more pacifiers, one nap a day, no more purees, no hard soled shoes except for outside, encouraged her to cloth diaper and had her reprimanded for not breastfeeding longer. I don't even like my own assvice.

To add to all this, the daughter is pissed off at her mom because apparently she loves my kids more than her own grandson. This is coming from The Wife's husband who works with B. Oh dear!

And to think I wondered why the Daughter stopped coming with The Wife to watch the boys (I told The Wife that the grandson could come too as I thought it would be good for all 3 boys to play together). *SIGH* I guess I have my answer.

No comments: