Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hurt feelings

I have decided that my feelings are in fact hurt. It takes a lot to hurt my feelings and the events that took place are more than 2 months old and NOW I am deciding that, yes, in fact, I am hurt.

Awhile ago, I posted a 100 things about me entry. In that I included something about one of my oldest friends being my former boss and how he and his wife had a hard time getting pregnant and how I had just found out that they were in fact pregnant. I was over the moon for them. Talked to mutual friends and offered any and all services I could offer for a baby shower, spoke with her frequently to see how she was doing, offered her anything of ours that she wanted when she found out she was having a boy (all my boy clothing are apparently making a round around my friends here in NY since everyone keeps popping out boys) and then found out 3 days before her scheduled shower that it was 1) happening that weekend and 2) I was specifically NOT invited.

OUCH. I haven’t talked to her since.

The even further back story is that her MIL was hosting it and I have a very separate relationship that soured with her MIL. Namely, her son worked for her when I worked for her son, making her my boss’s boss, and I didn’t leave under great circumstances (although I haven’t yet figured out if they were happy to see me go or pissed that I left. The last thing she ever said to me was -- I can’t believe you are only giving us two weeks notice. That is ridiculously short notice since you have been here 3 years. --- AHHH WHAT???? Last time I check that was standard and there is no sliding scale based on your years with a company). Anyways, I chalked it up to friend and his wife not wanting to fight with mommy the hostess and mommy the hostess still acting like a spoiled 3 year old (note -- one reason I was so glad to see the end of that job). But I haven’t heard a peep from them.

So, I have finally decided that my feelings are hurt. But it is now making me look back and realize that while friend has in fact been an awesome friend to me for the last 11 years, his wife, has some serious jealousy issues. I guess she is still pissy that I know more about his past than she does (which I only found out through a mutual friend who in fact said -- I don’t want another woman acting like she knows my husband better than I do. I am sorry, WHAT??? I know his PAST better than anyone else -- just like BF knows B’s past better than anyone else. Also -- hello I was there LIVING it for 5 years before you came into the picture. How would I NOT know it better?) But I guess she can’t get over that and now I have to write her and my former friend (who seriously would never and should never pick me over his wife) off.

It is just hard since Friend has been in my life since I was 19, is the reason I live in NY and knows more about me and my past then B does. So thank you for your friendship. Enjoy your new and growing family and I hope that you are blessed with all the best life has to offer because you really were a true friend to me in every meaning of the word.

Oh and your baby shower present -- the one I bought the DAY I found out you were having a boy. Well, I haven’t quite decided what to do with that, although I picked it out with my friend in mind, so maybe I will send it to him.

At least I saved a crap load of money on a big baby shower present.

1 comment:

nicole said...

Alright, since I know who the friend is, and have met his wife, I must say I'm really surprised by this. That just seems so off. I'm sorry this is happening. Have you considered getting in touch with him to find out what the deal is?