Monday, December 3, 2007

Update on L

As I said before L started occupational therapy on Wednesday afternoon. Not surprisingly, the therapist came to the house and played with L. To any outsider, it was a play date and nothing more, however, to his mommy is was a huge sigh of relief.

The therapist asked multiple times as to why she was there. Complimented his pincher grip, laughed at his antics and told me what a smart kid I had. It was all music to my ears.

L has a long way to go with things, but for the expert to come in and not take one look at L and say -- oh, I see what the problem is, it lifted a giant weight off my shoulders. One that I didn't even know was there. I guess since he was evaluated and put on this track I have been beating myself up for not realizing there was a problem. Yes, I knew his speech was delayed, but had no idea about the SPD stuff.

Now I am just thankful that it is even taking the therapist time to see the problem too.

2 comments:

MommytoA said...

I see L is still wooing the ladies. That's great his appt. went well. I hate how the smallest things worry us and make us question ourselves. He's a smart kid and you don't need an OT to tell you that. Glad you're feeling better about it. Kisses to my boy.

nicole said...

I'm so glad you found some relief. L is a smart boy and will only continue to amaze everyone around him. I can't wait to see you all next month!