Monday, December 17, 2007

Bah humbug

I have come to the realization that I am Scrooge. I don’t like Christmas anymore. It used to be my favorite holiday, but now it is just a pain in the ass.

When I was in college, Christmas was a few days that I would be able to come home and relax. I always had a job and I did not like staying the freezing cold Northeast for terribly long so, I would come home for about a week and then go back to Florida. Since my last two years in college also involved dating a football player (a mistake I hope no one repeats), it also involved attending New Years Day Bowl Games -- pretty much the ONLY highlight to dating that asshole. That is how I remember Christmas and New Years. At least when I want to fondly remember it.

Now what does it involved -- baking cookies for L’s therapists, me stupidly volunteering to do the toppers for our “special presents” (family tradition thing), trying to entertain kids during not one but TWO snow storms, realizing less than a week before you are to have Christmas with your family that you have nothing wrapped, also realizing that you need to still send a crap load of stuff to IL for your in-laws.

It also involves 8 nights away from home -- 4 in PA and 4 in IL. I don’t wanna be in a car for 4 hours each way (plus holiday traffic) and I don’t wanna fly during the busiest time of year.

I officially don’t like Christmas anymore. Bah humbug.

1 comment:

nicole said...

Just wait until the boys are in school and you need to do teacher gifts and gifts for friends. It just gets better and better! =)