Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Oh crap...

I have a new fear...

Anyone know if your child has to be RE-tested when you move if they already have a IEP? L has been picking up words left and right and I am now scared that he is going to lose services if/when we move....

Anyone know?????

Also, when do kids normally start talking? Making sounds? I swear L was saying Mama, Dada and Bella by the time he was 10 months old, but R isn't anywhere near that. Now I have the fear that he is going to have similar delays. Oh well, guess the second time around is easier, huh?

2 comments:

nicole said...

No idea about the testing, but I know Isaac started making sounds a little later than Dylan did. I think it could be normal with second children because the first ones tend to do the talking for them. At least that seems to be the way it is with my family's kids.

Mom2three said...

No you do not need to be retested you just transfer the IEP. Different areas may call it different things so when you move they may reclassify you under your new areas guidelines, but you can't loose it. By the way even if you stay where you are your IEP has to be updated yearly just to make adjustments as your child makes improvements.