Tuesday, June 17, 2008

hanging up the SAHM hat

I am officially back to work! And it is completely wonderful.

The boys have been doing so well with school and daycare respectively. L doesn't have too much of a problem with drop offs, but holy hell does he freak when I pick him up.

R -- who I was most worried about -- couldn't really care less. When I walked in to pick him up today the director was all excited about how happy he was and how well he was doing. That is saying a lot in my mind. Not to mention, they are totally accepting of the cloth diapering and keep commenting on how easy it is! The only problem -- it closes at 530, so I have to race out of my office to get him, and it is on the East end of the city and L and I are dead central!

Me -- well, I haven't been this happy in a job in I don't know how long. It is actually new and exciting and intellectually stimulating. It isn't the same old same old, which is what I did for the last 5 years. Granted, I miss my co-workers and former boss like crazy, but my new co-workers are kinda fun and we have a great mix of old and young attorneys.

Oh and I have a secretary that wants to WORK. That is something totally new to me.

So all in all, I have to give the move and the new life two giant thumbs up. My parents on the other hand haven't been this tired since The Saint was colicky and didn't sleep more than an hour at a time... she is 34!

2 comments:

nicole said...

I'm glad that things are going so well. Now if you can just get that other house sold, get B to PA for good and get into your new house things would be great!

mamaC said...

I am so glad things are going so well! Just think, in less than 2 weeks you will have kick butt neighbors too! LOL