Saturday, January 3, 2009

New morning

I will try having a new perspective.

I know I am lucky and my boys are pretty good. So, to get my spirits up and to get myself in the mood to finally do the Christmas cards (yeah, I know... I am about 2 weeks late), I am gonna do a brief update on both.

L --

When we turned 3 in Nov. he got his Gator 4 wheeler and he is amazingly agile at driving that thing around. He is always pretty patient with R and getting him in and out on the passenger side. Actually he is pretty good with letting R try to drive to. L also is a little word monster. He simply doesn't stop talking. And the stuff he comes up with it really amazing. I don't know if he was taught in school about the human body, but he understands that when he poops it is the food he ate before. Although it is a little weird to have him tell me that the orange he is eating right this instant is going down into his pee pee and poo poo.

L is potty trained now, but mommy and daddy are still holding out on the night time thing. He hasn't had an accident at night in more than 2 weeks and I know he is ready to make the change. I am not for some weird reason. I seem to be the one who stalls more than he does.

L helps in the kitchen. Helps clean his room. Feeds the dogs and would take care of the cat if we handed over that responsibility too.

R --

Well, we are finally!! starting to see some words from him. Most of it is just a lot more vocalization and babbling. Yeah -- about a year late, but hey, it has started at least and that is the goal in the end. For the most part he is still Mr. Happy.

He is also fabulous with the dogs, but he is more of a cat person. The mere mention of cat sends him scurrying around the house in search of Spookie -- who really just hides from the kids all day long. R is also becoming quite the sneak when it comes to feeding his food to the dogs under the table. How does one learn to be sneaky before he is even 2!

R still has all sorts of skin issues though. I feel like we are constantly battling eczema - which is also linked to his allergy to disposable diapers, so it is pretty obvious he hasn't outgrown it at all. I can't believe it has been more than a year and I am still going 100% strong with the cloth thing. I was recently talking about cloth diapering and most people still fear it. I know both daycares did until they got the diapers and now they thing it is as easy as sposies.

Anyways -- the bad things... neither of them eat all that well right now. It is weird. They talk, make noises, yell at each other and play at the table, but they don't eat for crap. They are terrible at sharing their toys with one another. L thinks sharing is ripping a toy out of R's hands, throwing him another toy and running away with the prized possession as fast as possible. R thinks the only way to deal with a problem is to scream at the top of his lungs.

They are 2 and 3 (for the most part) and it isn't easy by any stretch of the imagination, but they are cute and fun. I know this stage will fly by, no matter how much it stinks, and I will strangely miss it at some point.

No comments: