Tuesday, January 20, 2009

getting it together

Maybe I am just strange, but sometimes I actually feel like I know what I am doing in this mommy role. I get balanced meals together. Kids down for naps at the right time. Quality play time/craft time in, and everyone is happy.

Then there are days I can't seem to get anything together. Kids end up with whatever I can throw at them for food. Rarely it is balanced. Something else draws my attention away from them and they whine all day for my attention.

Today is one of those days I feel like I have it together. Maybe it is because I am home with just R, but both kids had a good breakfast. L got off to school well. R has been entertained (and not just by the TV), spent time playing with playdoh and I actually have been getting work done.

I wish I had more todays then I do.

No comments: