Monday, February 19, 2007

Return to the land of the living

I feel all out of sorts today. I left the office on Tues early because B had to work that night (plowing snow) and for all sorts of reasons TODAY is my first day back to the office. Between Tues and now, there was a scary episode of L's lips and hands turning blue, 5 straight days of vomitting by L, 2 days of vomitting by B and then of course just to round it out 1 day of vomitting on my behalf which then resulted in one overnight stay in the labor and delivery floor for pre-term labor. All the while, co-worker from hell is emailing me like a fiend and doesn't understand why I didn't come running into the office on Friday after being released. Hmmm.

Anyways, I am happy to report, I am finally back to the land of the living. We spent most of the weekend laying around relaxing. L returned to daycare today (why yes, I am one of those awful mothers who works. Why you may ask -- only because I am the breadwinner in the family and it is either me working or us living in a cardboard box. Oh and B tried the SAHD thing for 8 months -- at the end of which we were $12,000 in debt. You live in the NYC burbs on one salary -- I dare you.). He was so pleased. The funny thing was, as soon as he saw Ms. Denise --one of the woman who spoil him rotten at daycare -- he was happy as could be to be there. He was not however happy about being bundled into his car seat in the morning to go to daycare. Wonder what that was all about.

Ok, well, I must now go and catch up on all the wonderful piles of work the accumulated in the last 3 days. It is amazing. Don't these people realize that in less than 5 weeks, I am going to have a second child and they aren't going to see me for 12 weeks. One would think they could survive 3 days without emailing me multiple times a day.

No comments: